Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hey, Week - you're looking up!

Carol and I met up in Brenham for our second annual pre-Christmas catch-up lunch gift exchange.  Yes, we had lots to do!  We ate Italian buffet at this lovely old home turned restaurant.  Delish!
I love old houses turned into restaurants.  It made for a nice two hour lunch and visit.
The food was great.  And my old friend was the same sweet girl I remember from college waaaay back in '81.
After lunch, I traveled approximately three blocks to my mother's house - she had gone to play 42, otherwise I would have had her lunch with us.
 I brought her Christmas gifts which she immediately opened!
 This little guy was never far from her feet.  We organized a quilt closet, went through her jams and jellies for sussies for Firstborn, and gathered up magazines for me to take home.  She gave me a quilt for future Grandchild #1 - hopefully that is still a ways off.
 The drive home at 4 p.m.ish was so pretty.
 I spy with my little eye - pine trees!
 So I stopped and gathered a bagful. These are destined for a basket near the front door.
 I also stopped at a favorite antique store in Giddings and bought this pretty magnet for my fridge.
Which I added to the mini collage of other magnets.  Oops!  Excuse the blur! Then I heated up a leftover Thanksgiving casserole, poured myself some wine, and am getting to bed early.
  Wednesday was definitely an improvement over Monday and Tuesday...




No comments: