Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A thankful tablescape

 Our mealtime prayer, when we all sit together:

For food, for raiment,
For life, for opportunity,
For friendship and fellowship,
We thank thee, O Lord.
Amen.
Philmont grace - Boy Scouts of America
 
And thinking of that made me want to do a little something for each place setting at our Thanksgiving table.
I typed what we are most thankful for this time of year- food, life, family, opportunity - in different typefaces, then cut each out, and laid on top of a solid color napkin, just under the clear plates.  These plates have been in use at our house for years...
 I also tied some pretty ribbon on each wine glass.  
The teenagers can drink soda out of theirs!
 Each one is different because I was using up scraps.
 And lastly, I added the sparkly glittery leaves I bought at the hospital gift shop and some 99 cent mercury votives I bought at Tarjay a couple Christmases ago.
 All that's left to do is get all the flatware clean and placed at each setting.
It's simple.  I love it.
So much to be thankful for - tomorrow, and always.





No comments: