Monday, October 14, 2013

Mealplan Monday #80 and Fall mums

One day last week, I helped distribute pre-ordered mums as a fundraiser for Project Graduation at my kids' school.  The proceeds go towards the all-night drug and alcohol-free party for the seniors after graduation.  So far, two of my kids have attended it, and they have so much fun.  It's held at a place that as bowling, pool, pizza, and loud music.  The kids all get a swag sack with fun stuff and the parents get peace of mind!
 ******
Monday - Italian Chicken Crock Pot*, garlic pasta, butternut squash
Tuesday - Pulled pork, baked potatoes, lima beans
Wednesday - Burritos with chili, salad
Thursday - Cheeseburger Soup Crock Pot
Friday - Brinner
Saturday - Dad Grill
Sunday - Hamburger Helper, corn
Dessert this week is cupcakes by Scout - practicing them to make for his sister...awww...(:
******
 Such a beautiful day and so many gorgeous mums.  I've never ordered any for myself, but this year I bought some for the patio.  Just lovely!  Next year I will order two pots to grace the front porch.
*Italian Chicken*
Mix these things in a gallon size zip loc:
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 each red and green bell pepper, sliced
1 smallish onion, sliced
several cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning 
Then freeze it.  Plop it into the crock on the day you're having it for dinner, on low, 8 hours.  Serve with buttery garlic noodles.

This week's shopping list is short, since Firstborn needs to borrow my car...good thing I have some freezer meals to use up!




No comments: