Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cheater dinner

Monday night was supposed to be Mediterranean Pork Chops, which would have been easy and very good.  But a snafu developed...the scouts were supposed to go kayaking and it was going to be a rush getting Bubbie and Dad fed after a long day then to the lake at 6:30 p.m.  I knew I wasn't going to get everyone fed, much less on time.  So I didn't start the crock pot at all...
I waited til the last minute, got the news that they weren't going after all, and pulled secret weapon #1 out of the pantry.  Boom!
 Then I opened secret weapon #2.  Boom boom!
In my defense, I added some chopped onion and red bell pepper, then seasoned the corn and added butter.  We had no leftovers - zero, people! They gobbled it up and never even asked if it was from a box.
Heck I even pulled a rabbit out of my hat by digging some lemon Bundt cake out of the freezer and serving it with Cool-Whip.  No one was the wiser that I was off-menu and cheating...so please don't tell them!
So....do you ever find yourself in a similar predicament?





No comments: