Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My week: band camp, meals, light fixture

No, those things aren't really related...except in my world.
 8 a.m. is early for teenagers in the summer, ya'll. 
And Bubbie is a grump in the mornings.
But things worth having are worth working hard for.
 
He asked me this morning: "So, how long does this band camp go?"  It was painful to tell him, that basically, it lasts the rest of his summer.  I feel for him.  It's darn hot out on that pavement.  The humidity is high.  It's a lot of hard work.  The horn is heavy and you will grow some muscles.  See you at 5 p.m.!
I made freezer meals this morning, in preparation for (I hope) adding 8 more hours to my work week, making me a 40 hour employee.  If I can fix those regularly, we can have nice dinners with little to no effort on the days I'm there 7:30-4.  Because aforementioned band practice will be a zero hour class M-F, and 6-8 p.m. on Monday nights.  Not to mention, a football game once a week until mid October.  Pictured above is Curry Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, and Mediterranean Pork Chops.
And lastly, the view in the kitchen after I made those meals.  To show you  the distance between the top of the island cabinet and the ceiling. 
Last night I faced down a fear of heights to change out the bulb in this one.  It's socket had come loose so I had to put a step stool on the counter, climb up there, and re-clamp it before I could change the bulb.  I was alone in the house, so thank GOD I didn't fall, shaking and sweaty as I was.
So...what's your week been like?







No comments: