Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Getting prepared - change ahead!

I sat and made a list of all the things I thought Firstborn would need for his new apartment, just to start.  It was mind-boggling.  He only owns the stuff in his bedroom, so I will be scrounging around the house and visiting garage sales, Dollar Tree, and Goodwill to help him out.  And that gave me an excuse to do a once-over of the kitchen, cleaning, straightening, and purging.
Some of these things are destined for the recycle bin, so I didn't end up setting aside as much as I had wanted to.  And there is more kitchen type stuff in the garage that is going with him.  We'll get it all together, it'll be OK.  But he will need a lot of help figuring it all out.  I want to help him as much as I can, just like Hubby's mom did for him.  In fact, we still have some of the stuff from his college apartment!
 Ahh...a clean and good smelling kitchen with organized cabinets was my reward for two hours of work!
Now, on to the bathrooms...




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kitchen Looks great. My mom started a hope chest for us when we were young. I did the same thing for my daughter. It helped out a lot. But there is still so much they need when they move out.