Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Simple solution

Sometimes it's tempting to borrow a project or two from another blog because it looks so cute and magazine-y and clever.  I admire those women that have the time and creativity to rearrange and stage their mantels for the season and make little chalkboard labels for the baskets in their their organized pantry.  But that's not me...
Mostly I just need something simple to solve an issue like "where to put the pants hanger that I use for scout socks that are missing their mates".
How about on a hook that I can hang over the extra hangers, next to the washer.  No wood needed.  No staining.  No vinyl lettering.  No fancy anything.  Just a hook.  Oh, and apparently, mom loses her socks, too....
******
I think sometimes we worry so much about pleasing others with our ideas that we fail to see obvious, simple, and frugal solutions to challenges in our own homes. 
It doesn't have to be complicated.  Or all that crafty, even.






Shared with:
and

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like solutions that work, too. Sure, it's nice if they're pretty, but I'm more interested in saving money and being efficient. So this idea? Genius!

If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/