Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dear You...

Maybe my peeps have forgotten who The Boss is here. 
 Hint:  not them.
Maybe they need reminders.  
If so, I am happy to oblige.  I ain't scared.
Dear Firstborn:
     Get your life in order.  Start by cleaning your room, organizing your crap, and getting a full time job.  You will not be allowed to play a computer game all day long.  Adults who play video games all day = losers.  You are not a loser.  Vacumn your room, do your laundry, and start calling auto repair shops and dealerships today.  June is coming, ready or not.  I do not want an all-day companion.  You need to be working full time STAT.
Dear Girl,
     Now that Rush is over, I need you to stick your nose in your books and hunker down for a great Spring semester.  Watch your pennies - and by that, I mean stay out of the McDonald's drive thru getting a Coke to drink.  Water from the tap is included in your rent.  Do your best in college even though you find it challenging - life as a full-time working adult will not be as much fun, but you will be able to live it on your own terms if you have the means to support yourself. 
Dear Scout:
     Yes, you will be awakened at 7:15 in the mornings beginning today.  You can raise your voice and stomp around if you like, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I will prevail and all you will have accomplished with that is a crappy start to your day.  Pick up your room, make your lunch, and get to bed on time.  The 7:15 uppie uppie time is here to stay.  Also, Imma need you to start limiting social media time on your computer.  Otherwise, it goes.  Lastly, you will do all of your own laundry and I will not bail you out if you run out of clean clothes.  You were warned.  You are a nice kid, but about to be an adult.  I want to make sure you are ready.
 Dear Bubbie,
     Since you cannot be a reasonable person and do more than grunt responses in the a.m., you will now have a 9:30 p.m. bed time.  Clearly, you need more rest.  Also, you will limit social media and computer face time in favor of reading more.  Additionally, I want to hear your horn being practiced DAILY and not just scales.  When you see laundry in your room to be put up, do it right away.  Otherwise, you can start doing that yourself, too.


 Love,
The Boss

Apparently I'm having "one of those weeks".






Shared with

4 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love this post Gina! Very candid and honest and filled with love at the same time! I know that as a Mom, sometimes it seems like all we do is nag people to do what they are supposed to be doing...and it's not fun at all! I could easily say the same things to my two any day of the week as well! Some weeks are good and some are bad! Sending love & hugs..Angie xo

Jan Lipi said...

Giggle ... I can remember having those weeks :-) ... I've got the 20 year old at school (Orlando) who NEEDS TO FIND A JOB and a 22 year old at home (school part time) who works 2 jobs and still needs her mommy's help ... arrggg. Don't worry, I think they all get it eventually!

Michelle said...

I love this post. I am so going to copy you. Only my daughter will find it tape to her door. Since we rarely see her. She thinks we're a free hotel.

Marie said...

Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails