Friday, November 16, 2012

Scout's photography wall

Last week I hauled all of the Christmas decorations out of the storage boxes to see what I had, what I needed, and what direction to go with decor.  I felt a little overwhelmed, I have to say...so I pulled out what I wanted to use, made my list of what to buy, then put it all in an out-of-the way place until the day after Thanksgiving.
 It doesn't look like so much here, but this is just the portion I saved out. Even so, I hope to keep it simpler this year.
Next up, I wanted to focus on adding to and spiffing up the photo collage in Scout's room.
Hubby had brought home some some very well made metallic frames from his office - you know the ones with screws and plates holding them together?  A pain to disassemble, but nice and solid frames.  Just needed a change of paint color.
I used a spray paint/primer combo - longer drying time, which is bad for impatient painters like me, but nicer not to have to sand or prime separately. I just spread out some gigantic trash bags on my patio and got going.  I worked on it off and on all morning.
The dark steel finish color is  perfect for his room and the nature of the photographs.  By adding the larger frame, I was able to make the arrangement a little less stiff and predictable.  The prints are a mix of color and black & whites.
 
 I put a little bit of that sticky tack under the corners of each frame so they wouldn't shift around on the walls.
 ******
 Here is a peek at his work:







I'm a little biased about it - I love it.  Although he does mostly nature photography, I hope he can take the family pics for the Christmas card this year.
This gallery wall is a work in progress as we change out the prints every so often.  Now back to my list - several other projects to do before the holidays are here!  What about you? Got any non-Christmas decor projects lined up?





2 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love his gallery wall Gina! What a talented photographer he is! Those photos are gorgeous...you should give them to family members fo Christmas! Angie xo

Marie said...

Scout is very talented and the frames/pictures look great :)