Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Easy Pumpkin drop cookies

I happened upon this recipe and thought it sounded super simple and good, but I wasn't too thrilled with the spice cake mix.  Waaaay too spicy for me - reminds me of old ladies and yucky cake no one will eat...ahem.  Anyhoo, I thought, why can't you just switch out the flavor cake mix and use smaller chips?  And VOILA, you can!



 Pumpkin Drop Cookies

1 box Butter Pecan cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
Mix cake with pumpkin and get all the lumps out.  Stir in the mini chips.  (I like "minis" cause you get more chocolate in each bite and no hard lumps of chocolate in your  cookies when they cool)  Chill the dough a couple of hours.  Then scoop dough onto your greased cookie sheet or Silpat and bake at 350 for 16 minutes.
After the first batch I sprayed a little Pam on my Silpat - these cookies don't have any butter or oil in them and will stick otherwise!  But they didn't spread at all, so it was easy to load up the pan.
I am not ashamed to say I ate a few of these with my morning coffee warm from the oven - they are soft and a little chewy and oh so pumpkin-y good! 





Shared with:
and

No comments: