Friday, September 28, 2012

Dining room spiff up

It's sad that our dining room doesn't get used as it should for dining.  Mostly, it gets used as a giant desk and place to hang a random jacket or hat on a chair.  I hated coming through the front door to see this:
 So, this week I resolved to spiff it up and remove the computers and clothing.  I found a pretty runner on clearance at Tarjay - $5.38 down from $17.99!  
 Its' probably a spring design, but since birds are around all season long and the weather here is like perpetual summer.... cute birdy print has red in it, and a pomegranate motif, too.  Me like.
 I cleaned and polished the top of the table, swept and mopped underneath, cleared the crap out of the area...I left the hurricane with the scroll-y candle in the center.  I ordered some beige burlap ribbon, and when it comes I will change out the ribbon on the hurricane.
 Tarjay also had some beautiful red curtains on clearance, but I could only find one panel. They were marked from $24.99 to about 7.50.  
Might have to visit another store and look for them.
For now I pretty much love the look of a real dining room.





Shared with:
and

2 comments:

Erin {Home Everyday} said...

That looks so nice and spruced up! I saw that table runner at Target too, I almost bought, but I got some cloth napkins instead. Nice work!

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, your table and chairs rock! the chair backs are so unique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails