Saturday, September 29, 2012

Burlap'd

I got a new toy this week and spent entirely too much time 
playing with it (about 30 minutes). 
Wanna see?
 A roll of natural colored burlap ribbon with wire.  I got a little crazy with it...
 I gussied up my Smith & Hawken pumpkins,
 tied some with wired berries to some wrought iron candlesticks,
 wrapped some around the hurricane candle holder on the dining table,
(so simple, I love this!)
and spruced up some pretty jars full of moss balls, acorns, and pot pourri.  
I love me some burlap!
While I had my craft tote out, I also made a cute little something for the patio table:
 This wood "trough" is actually a tool box crafted by one of my Cub Scouts long ago...
I just arranged some bumpy little squashies with some excelsior I already had, and made a runner of what else? Burlap
 I don't think they will mind me borrowing it ... and of course, I had to tie on some burlap scraps.  Got to be selective about where I put my ribbon, ya know...
I love Fall and all of its' colors... 
And spending a little free time making our home beautiful is time well spent!




Shared with:

5 comments:

Marie said...

Cute ideas!
Happy Fall :)

Unknown said...

Isn't burlap fun?! The ribbon looks great on your decor. I especially like the green candles on the holder. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I love burlap too! Such great texture and neutral color. Adds a lot of "character."

Anonymous said...

I love burlap too! Such great texture and neutral color. Adds a lot of "character."

jennifer said...

Love your burlap ideas! Where did you get your burlap? I am in need of some and cannot find! Thank you always for your inspirations!