Friday, May 11, 2012

What a week...

I have to get out of the habit of grouching about it being a bad week around here - 
it's full, is all.  Not that its bad, it's just life...
 A recap:  Sunday I left work early to make way in the garage for the contents of The Girl's apartment.  It was hot, muggy, and the garage was a mess.  Cue disaster movie music as Hubby gets carried away arranging the scout camping equipment.  But, halleluyah, there was now room. So, Scout and I went to Wal-Mart to buy the weekly groceries.   Monday I headed to Waco bright and early to begin getting her here.  Along the way we had to jump through hoops:  get the sub-letter to come and pay her share of May and sign the lease, get a nail removed from The Girl's tire and have it patched, do 90% of the cleaning and packing that had not yet been done due to finals, clean out the fridge, stuff the cars, turn in the key, fight traffic on IH35.  Blerg.  We got the car unloaded an hour before the rain hit.  Tuesday, I worked.  What was I thinking?  Wednesday and Thursday are a blur.  I got a few things crossed off my To Do list, including laundry, paying car notes, going to a meeting at work, attending Scout's last band concert (ever).  Today I am going to straighten up the house before I head to work and we will order pizza tonight as a treat for a hard week.  My menu plan went awry - I bite off more that I can chew sometimes.  At least there are things in the freezer that can carry over into next week.  The rain was good.  I have slept good.  I have all my scrubs cleaned and ironed for the weekend.  And Mother's Day will be spent with other mothers, some of whom have sick ones...but all in all...not that bad of a week.
Mothers- The Eighth Wonder of the World 




No comments: