Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mayday!

I celebrated May Day by unplugging the dryer yesterday and hanging out the first load since...I don't remember when.  October, perhaps.
It was so nice out on the back patio.  Breezes blowing, birds singing, sun setting.  And free clothes-drying!
I bought some of that Downey Unstoppables stuff to sprinkle into the wash so that the air dried laundry will smell nice.  I'm still going through the second batch of homemade powdered laundry soap.  But I really love those little plastic pacs of clothes soap you can just toss in the washer and be done with it.  
So freaking convenient.
I also need to get more hangers and just hang the shirts on them to dry, saving the step of having the boys hunt down hangers for clean laundry.  And hang my octopus hangers from IKEA out here.  I just felt lazy last night as I worked yesterday.  But it will be nice to get back into the rhythm of hanging clothes outside.  Free, and not all-together unpleasant, as far as doing a household chore goes...




No comments: