Friday, March 30, 2012

Scrap happy bookmarks

I recently pinned a cute tute on making use of tiny scraps of fabric by creating bookmarks.   
Since I'm an avid reader, I thought I would whip some up.
I used a bookmark I already have, as a guide.  Just laid my fabrics out in the order I wanted, stitched, ironed on some interfacing,  sewed right sides together with another fabric for the back, then turned right side out and stitched around the edges.  Easy peasy..
I added a loop of ribbon to the tops and stitched my initials on one side of my "artwork".
Once I got the hang of it, each one took me less than 10 minutes.  My kind of project!
Bubbie came home from school while I was in the thick of it and asked for his own.  Which got me to thinking:  there's a lot of people I could make these for, including his brothers, sister, aunt, grandmother...
Good thing I have plenty o' scraps!



Shared with:


4 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Adorable! Those would make great Christmas gifts with a book! I had loads of scraps too! Angie xo

Marie said...

What a clever idea! They are sooo cute and what a perfect gift.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Very nice, Gina! And the cutest, happiest family pics on your side bar! Sweet family!

Fun stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, Lorraine

Little City Farm said...

I am definitely pinning these. They are so cute - totally my kind of project. Thanks so much for sharing at our party this week.