Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Karma Sunday

We had a Super Bowl luncheon at work on Sunday and I ATE.  I was just about starved by the time I went to lunch - one bowl of oatmeal did not hold me well for 5 1/2 hours.  I don't know why I didn't have a morning snack.  I often forget what time it is then it's suddenly lunch and hard to make wise choices...in any case, I'm not going to beat myself up for enjoying the food.  It was awesome:  Chili with fritos, creamed corn, 7 Layer Dip, homemade Snickers bars...if you're going to put a naughty thing in your mouth, I think it should be great, and it all was!  Sadly, the Fickle Finger of Fate (aka Karma) poked me when I got home from work and opened the back door of the car:
 Crock pot lids shatter into a meeeeelion pieces when they hit the driveway!
 Darn it.
I ordered a new lid for $14 and am awaiting it's arrival.  I use my crock pot every week, so it will be a bummer to have it out of commission.  I tried to order a new knob,too, as this one got a little too close to the heating element on my stove...they were out.  I'm going to scrub up my crock pot, put it up where I can't feel sad about it and wait for the lid.  Meanwhile, I am also adding a couple of new things into my healthy routine this week:  walking, another big tumbler of water daily, and a healthy helping of forgiveness.  (:




No comments: