Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cinnaroll waffles

This is a fun thing to do with canned cinnamon rolls - I have seen it on several blogs (like this one) and it looked so easy I had to try it myself!  Guaranteed to appeal to kids.
It made a good breakfast for the boys with a side of scrambled eggs.
I sprayed some Pam on my waffle iron and lay one roll on each square.
Smashed them down good, then cooked them the same way I do waffles - when they stop steaming so much, they are done!  It was that simple.
These were the orange ones - it was easy to microwave the container of frosting a few seconds and drizzle it over the waffles.  But I think you could also serve them with pancake syrup.
Bubbie gave them a thumbs up.  Notice the salt?  Oh, I wish he didn't love salt quite that much...
Next time I made them I used regular ole cinnamon rolls and they came out the same - ooh, it smelled good in my kitchen!  I think this might be my new favorite way to do waffles  (:
This is the perfect way to eat cinnamon rolls - especially when summer rolls around and I don't want to turn on the oven.  Plus, it's not as messy as waffle batter, and they cooked pretty quickly.  I am going to experiment and try other types of canned rolls, like the honey butter biscuits. 
 Try them yourself  and let me know what you think!




Shared with:

1 comment:

Punky Prep said...

Oh My Husband would love these!