Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tilapia Tikka Masala

Have you tried those pre-measured spice recipe packets from McCormick?  Our local grocery store was having a buy two get one free on them so I bought them, thinking it was nifty to have the recipe plus the pre-measured spices in one package.  Marketing genius!  I tried the Chicken Tikka Masala - a blend of garam masala, cumin, garlic, paprika, red pepper - on tilapia and Hubby rated it a 5.5 on a scale of 1-5.  Yes!
Four ingredients - couldn't be easier.  Six tilapia filets, one can petite diced tomatoes, 2 T. diced cilantro, and the McCormick Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Inspirations.  I opened all the little packets of seasoning and mixed them all together.  Then, I salted the fish lightly and sprinkled on about 1 t. of the seasoning on the filets.  I melted a little butter (2T or so) and sauteed the fish til done; then removed to a warm dish.
In the pan drippings I added the tomatoes, about 2 t. more* of the seasoning, and the cilantro.  I let it come to a boil, then poured over the fish.  I served it with hot rice and a salad.
The sauce was  fresh tasting with just the right amount of spice.  So GOOD.  And it fit perfectly into the healthy eating plan Hubby and I are following.  Even my 16 yr old. loved it.    Tilapia is one of our favorite fishes - so mild and goes with so many things.  Excellent in fish tacos!  I'm pretty sure we'll be having this again - try it and let me know what you think!
*There is still a bit of the seasoning left...what shall I add it to next?




Shared with:




1 comment:

Little City Farm said...

Oooh, this is making me hungry for lunch. That looks great. I haven't tried their spice packets, but I'll be adding that to the grocery list this week. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.