Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wreath of Thanksgiving

After I took down the Halloween wreath, I wanted to put up something different than this 
quickie wreath I made for 0 dollars:
Pretty, but I wanted something that really said it was the season of abundance and thankfulness!  I love all the burlap and monogram things I see in Bloggyland, so I combined the two (in my head!) and went to Hob Lob.
I already had a grapevine wreath, so I got a chipboard "C" and a couple of  Fall sprays.  
I figured I could pull the rest from my wreath making stash.
I love the colors, and the nuts and berries added in makes it even better - I've still got those huge acorns from last year and the tablecloth to match - love the simplicity of acorns and pine cones....I paid $4 for two of the sprays - and they will get used more than one, I'm sure!
 
The C was 1.99, and 40% off that.  I wrapped it in a long strip of frayed burlap 
and tied it on the wreath with more burlap.
I like how it looks natural, but so colorful and really full - it fills the front door.
Gosh, I am ready for cooler temps and Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Marie said...

beautiful fall wreath...I'll send some cool weather your way : )