Sunday, November 20, 2011

The menu this year!

Planning the menu for Thanksgiving is a no-brainer here, as very little changes year to year.  The only thing missing will be my sister's stuffed jalapenos, but we are substituting chex mix that we will munch while we play dominoes and cards with soda and beer on the patio.  (:  And I am going to try my hand at a Bourbon Pecan Pie I found in Real Simple magazine.
 
I asked my family what one item they had to have that makes it Thanksgiving for them and a menu came together. Hubby and Firstborn love the turkey, The Girl is a green bean fan, Scout loves corn casserole, Bubbie loves Watergate Salad, and will eat anything with bacon, and me?  I love it all, but especially the cranberry orange sauce!   Eventually, I will write down the recipes so my kids can carry on the traditions with their own families, if they choose.  And I was even thinking of putting together a family cookbook.
What about you?  Got a holiday menu that's near and dear to you?



1 comment:

Marie said...

Yum!
We will be going to a friends house...Yippee! I am so happy to not have to cook so much.
I am bringing a salad, cornbread dressing and gravy and those little chinese noodles with chocolate and butterscotch. They are doing the rest. : )
Normally I enjoy cooking but, I work FULL time so I need a little break from it all.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

p.s. You always make the best food : )