Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too hot to blog


I think I've hit the wall with the heat.  It oppresses me to the point of not being able to do much, yet feeling really tired, but not able to sleep well.....like a vicious cycle, really.  I've been walking everyday for 45 minutes at 8 a.m.  I realize I should go earlier, but with getting Scout to band camp at 8, it's just not possible.  My yard is suffering.  My trees are suffering.  And the boys and I haven't done too much fun stuff...
I've been taking pity on my landscaping and watering it a little every couple days. Still, the fig looks like it's on it's last leg, and all the full-sun grass is a lovely golden yellow...and as I type this, sweat is rolling down my back, as we are leaving the thermostat at 79 and trying to keep blinds closed and conserve energy.  
I'm starting to feel like I'm over Summer.  Bring on Fall!




1 comment:

Marie said...

From the time I was a small child, approximately 4, I can remember disliking the extreme heat and humidity.
That is my one huge complaint about Texas. Other than that I LOVE AUSTIN!

Stay Cool! : )