Thursday, August 25, 2011

A supernicedisorganized kid

One of the nicest people I know and pretty darn cute, too!
But is there some kind of cosmic rule that says if you are a nice person - caring, loving ,and just plain great to be around  that you have to have something to offset that?  Like your own personal cross to bear?  Something that drives your mother mad?  Like forgetfulness.  Really, if this keeps up, I'm going to have to go to drastic lengths to get this him to remember what he needs to take to school with him....the right notebooks, a fully charged phone, his band music, the water jug.....
Killing me, Scout.  Killing.  Me.  
Now that I have him set up in his own room, I am going to put a plan in effect:  helping and teaching him how to be responsible for his daily business - so when it's time to let go, I know he will swim, not sink.
I'll let you know how that goes...




2 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

My 10 yr. old son is the same! He would drive me batty if he weren't so darn cute and pleasant all the time! I call his desk at school the 'black hole' because it is always a mess! lol! Angie xo

KimMalk said...

Well, I only have one son, but he was extremely disorganized in middle school... They redeem themselves. Eventually. Hugs, Kim