Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bubbie's own room

Moving Scout into his own room meant Bubbie got one, too.  The only problem was that I was EXHAUSTED from moving The Girl to college, painting her room, moving furniture, clearing out closets and under beds, shopping for various items...not to mention getting  the boys started in school with extreme temps in Austin.  We've had 79 days of 100 plus heat in a row.  Yuck.  It's hard to work up the enthusiasm to slave away on my house, know what I mean?  But I did manage a bit here and there...
 With the extra dresser and stackable crates moved out, now there's room for his bean bag chair.  He loves that thing.  He sits by the window and  practices his horn in it...
Have you noticed that one project inevitably leads to another?  
I thought I would never come to a stopping point!
I moved decor on the walls, patched and painted over holes, dedicated the bulletin board exclusively to him.  There are still a handful of small things I would like to do for his space, but like I said, I am at a STOP.
I found a cute lamp for his dresser at Tarjay and a red melamine plate for $1.35 - perfect to catch his spare key and other items from his pockets.  I cleared off the shelves of Scout's things (oh! the space now!)  and created a nook on the bottom bunk for him to cozy up to a white tiger and read by the light of his IKEA lamp.
 
Now if I could only get him to settle into the school year.  Having your own room is a lonely thing and takes some getting used to and Bubbie has had a couple of late nights where he couldn't fall asleep.  So I bought some pillow spray at Bath and Body Works and am thinking of getting a white noise machine.  He's also getting his own alarm clock so he can start being responsible for getting himself up in the morning.  
Now to finish Scout's room...




1 comment:

Marie said...

Whoosh! you have a lot going on...
Scout has a lovely room and a Mom who is tireless and loving.