Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mama Bear

The Mama Bear within, when wakened, is not a pretty sight.  I consider myself a reasonable person, and I can tolerate a fair amount of nonsense - after all I have 4 kids.  But when someone messes with them...I gotta tell ya, it gets me a little hot.  I won't go into details but here is what my daughter was offered as helpful items  for her new college apartment:
 Seriously?
Oh, and there was also an assortment of dirty pillows, a suitcase with a broken zipper pull, some bar glasses that say "Bailey's", and a restaurant bussing bin.  Just the things you need if you are going to a Baptist university that has a challenging curriculum, right?  Not to mention that mom, dad, and daughter have worked like fiends to get everything in place from financing, to tuition, to a place to live - no small feat since we were under the time gun.  So this is like a slap in the Mama Bear's muzzle.
Am I wrong to think that this person does not have my daughter's best interests at heart?  When I mentioned that hooker shoes were not on the back-to-school list,  I was told it's not about me.  Oh, I can assure you, it is about me - and the rest of my family - if I perceive you to be trying to cause us harm.
Mama Bear will come out and bite you.  
And you won't be able to run from me in shoes like that...





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails