Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fifty is Nifty

I got some really good news today...well, I guess it depends on your perspective, but I am relieved!  My well-woman check-up and labs confirmed it:  
I am post menopausal. 
YES! 
No crazy night sweats.  Just the occasional feeling like I am so HOT - but I have always been hot-natured.  And right now it is a bazillion degrees out, so everybody is hot...
It's a Gina thing, not a Cannary Family thing.  And to celebrate I took some pics of another hard won attribute of my old-ladyness - my silver frosting.  It's sometimes wiry and crazy.  Sometimes limp and unstylish.  Sometimes so hot on my neck I can hardly get it up in a pony tail fast enough.  But it's all ME.  And I will never ever color it.  I like to say that I have earned every silvery strand!  I might have to cut it a bit - because it's still summer on the outside, even if it's Autumn on the inside.   
(wink, wink)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank yo SO much for coming by basilmomma! How did you stumble across my site?
I love this post. Yay for your good health and the awesome use of the term 'old lady ness :-)