Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fall spiffing on some backyard spaces

I did a little Fall-ifying in the backyard, looking forward to spending some cool evenings out there...
I recovered some pillows that had mildew spots.  The big cushion is from the "Ginamac" - a fishing and ski barge we owned before kids.
 
 
I used a piece of burlap to make a new runner for the table

Hubby purchased this giant umbrella to extend the patio shade. 
And I potted a cactus that might bloom one of these days.
Hubby also extended the patio, removing a small fence.  The result is a longer patio, with breezes that blow across the length of it, allowing the wind chimes to make their pretty music.
But the biggest change was a new space for the smoker and two bbq pits.
 I still have to work on the yards a bit - but they are discouraging people in Austin from planting new landscaping due to the on-going drought and temps.  For now, it will have to be enough that I water the grass every three days or so...and I need to clean up the red rocks and power wash the patio slab.
And what to do about the cow heads?  



4 comments:

Holly said...

Your patio looks like a great spot to relax. Love the new pillow fabrics!
I think painting the skulls would be fun and funky...go for it!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love all your changes to the patio! I wish I could think about Fall, but I am still hanging on to summer! We have had a very wet summer, so I am still hoping to get some more sunshine days! I love the sausage skillet you posted in a previous post! It looks so good! I love bratwurst, either with potatoes or on a bun with sauerkraut..german style! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Marie said...

You have a lovely back yard and the cow heads are sooo cool! Love it.
Very Georgia O'keefe!
:)

a.M. said...

I love your cow heads and they would be cool painted! I commend you on getting all that yard beautifying done in the midst of this heat. I have been pretending I don't see my yard and all it's weeds and dead grass. It'll all have to wait until the weather takes a chill for me to get back out there. It's just so so so sad.