Saturday, June 11, 2011

My version of "What I wore Wednesday"...

I was a little hyper-critical of myself after seeing this pic that Scout snapped as we were leaving for my Goddaughter's graduation party a week ago.
I realize I am a 50 year old mother of four, but still I feel like I could be doing better at taking care of myself.
Or could it be what I'm wearing, hmmm?
It seems rare nowadays for me to put on make-up and fix my hair...
and I resent that I have to do that just to look decent!!
******
Hubby and I both need to change a few habits...he's been trying to get started, too.  I would like to add a little more variety to my exercise during the day.  So, today I will walk for an hour or so, then tomorrow maybe do pool aerobics.  And there's that Wii Fit Plus I have never used....plus, I want to take a closer look at how what I eat is making me feel....it's hard to get started, but these pictures do motivate me somewhat...
Anyone else out there cringe when they see a full body shot?



4 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I think you look wonderful for a 50 year old woman...you give off a glow of love & friendliness! I also cringe when I see full body shots...I need to exercise more! Angie xo

Marie said...

This "50" thing is a challenge.
Our bodies are changing and finding time to exercise and stay motivated to be committed to it are hard for me.
I agree with Angie...I see a beautiful woman who gives off a glow, who loves her family and someone whom I admire :)

Nanette said...

I think you look great, but I agree with the criticsm of our own selves. I don't look a lot different to you, well body shape anyway, you're way prettier, but while I think you look good, I do cringe at a full body look at myself. Go figure

Rustown Mom said...

All of you ladies are too sweet (: