Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Burlap query

So, I've been seeing burlap all over the place lately and as luck would have it, I found a 1 yd. piece of it in the 50% off remnants bin at JoAnn...love the natural color...
 I like the rustic quality of burlap and how it can go well with elegant things, as well....like crochet and scroll-y candles...but it would be nice to have another idea.
here I cut a strip to go around a candle jar that sits on the dining room table.
 
I was going to make a burlap runner...but I really like this simple crochet one - it's like the others in the china cabinet...maybe cover a small lamp shade?  
Or a mat for a framed pic in this room? 
Or trim on some simple curtains? 
A yard isn't much...but I'm on a frugal economy decorating budget...so....suggestions, please...



2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Gina,
Thought you might like this:
http://kyandra10.blogspot.com/2011/02/functional-burlap.html
My favorite: the heart hanger.

Kym said...

Hi Gina, thanks for stopping by. Glad that you have become a new follower.You might be intereested in this post, it is similar to your candle jar idea.

http://kyandra10.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

Good luck..Kym