Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama Pie

 
 Rustown Art

I know most ladies would think it strange when I say I had a great Mother's Day - at work. Since weekends are my regular gig, I've grown accustomed to being there on special days such as Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, and any holiday that I am assigned if it falls on Saturday or Sunday. Mostly I am OK with that - after all, it was what I accepted when I took the position, and the benefit  is that my kids see me every day before and after school, sometimes during the day for field trips and lunch in the cafeteria, and are free of daycare during the summer.  I think it sets a good example for my kids that mom and dad have it arranged so that they are always with a parent, not a baby-sitter.  It shows parental commitment and teamwork, not to mention that I make a valuable contribution to our family's finances.  It maybe wouldn't work for everybody, but for our family, is ideal.  
And I think we are all better for it. 
*****
I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day, too, and feel loved and appreciated - every day.  Especially the other mothers I am pleased to work with on the weekends!


Gina

No comments: