Friday, May 6, 2011

The Cathedral of Junk

No, that's not a reference to The Girl's room.  Or even to how my house looks on a Sunday evening....it's a uniquely Austin place that the boys and I stopped by on a day out of school.
Come closer, closer...read the sign, ya'll
Hit the gong, and the owner comes to let you in to a 
Trash Wonderland.
It's the world's biggest I Spy game...
HUGE.  Even tho the City of Austin poopers made him dismantle a lot of it...
The sign says "Welcome to Trash Vegas"
I love that the vines grow in and around it - makes it a little Lord of the Flies-like...
No way was mama gonna climb up there, but the boys did.
Almost too much to look at in a single afternoon.
I'm sure we'll come back once or twice this summer...
"Scout, keep and eye on your brother!"  I let him up there, just a couple of weeks after the great bicycle wipe-out - what was I thinking?
'You aren't the real Santa Claus - you sit on a throne of Trash."  A loose quote...
I spy Leonardo!  Or is that Michaelangelo?  
If you are ever in South Austin, you have to see this place...
You could miss it from the street, but if you are persistent, it makes for a fun outing!



2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Whoa, that place it right up my alley! I wonder when I'll be in Austin next...

Marie said...

This looks like so much fun and what a visual treat! Would love to take my children there. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun time :)