Monday, March 28, 2011

Mom's art gallery

This is one of my favorite places around the house - the pottery shelf.
Home to the most beautiful things, created by my four artists!
(Yes, I should probably decorate above it )
It houses some bee-yoo-ti-full art:
I love the "pinch pots" - Scout created this white one.  
Sometimes you can see their fingerprints forever fired into the clay...

  I have four of the "Story tellers" sculptures - 
they remind me of being a young mom reading to babies on my lap...
Animals abound, too.
These are just the pieces I have claimed as my own - some were actually wrapped and presented to me.  Some of the pieces they were not so ready to part with, so those live on shelves or memory boxes in their rooms.  Firstborn has a couple of large pieces I hope he will leave at home someday...
Some of the art actually hangs on the walls...
I am in love with this woven beauty, by The Girl!
 And this vase, with it's monster head of teeth and gorgeous combo of colors , 
graces the mantle and was created by Firstborn.
Bubbie created the flower petal dish that keeps my jewelry secure on the kitchen counter.
Do you treasure the art your kids bring home, too?


Shared with:


1 comment:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, how sweet! My favorite is the flower petal jewelry holder. I love that little hands lovingly made those gifts. :) Very special!

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)