Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taco Soup

Tidy Mom is hosting Soup-a-Palooza today and though I wasn't going to post until Wednesday, I just had to put in my two cent's worth and show my family's favorite: Taco Soup!  I know there are about a thousand versions of this out on the internet, and truthfully, I can't remember where this one originated from, but I think the ranch dip mix has got to be the secret ingredient that makes it the best!

Taco Soup for the crock pot

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pkg. mild taco seasoning mix
1 pkg ranch dip seasoning mix
1 can Rotel
1 can water ( use the Rotel can)
1 can chopped green chilies (I use the mild ones)
1 can corn, undrained
1 can pintos, undrained

Brown the meat and onion, then mix into the crock pot with all else.  Cook on low 6 hours.  Serve with Fritos and grated cheddar.Yuuum......no leftovers!
So that was our dinner last night, and here was our dessert:

I had fun making strawberry cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries - once I saw how much they were charging for them at HEB I thought (once again) "I can do that!"  Yes - they were delicious!
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day - bring on Spring!



2 comments:

KimMalk said...

Hi Gina, Did you know you are a "no-reply" email, and your comments do not lead to your blog? I just "guessed" at your html. Sorry to be a nag, but I'm sure you want to have visitors. Anyway, your taco soup looks great. I always love a new crockpot recipe. :)
Hugs, Kim E-mail me or leave a comment if you need help with the links...

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

What time is dinner? lol! ANgie xo