Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweater pillows and other nonsense

I felt a little blue, for various reasons...probably a combination of dealing with the issues of The Girl home from college, Firstborn's lack of ambition, the two younger boys returning to school, and the gray weather...so putting off my organizing projects I ran errands, then stopped by the thrift store to buy these:
...to cover pillows with.  I have seen them a lot in Bloggyland and thought I could try it.  One of them is angora and wool; the other one is cotton.  It was half price clothing day at Salvation Army and I still have  a few bits of them leftover for another project...
I think they came out okay:
They add a winter-y warmth to the room and cover up some old pillows that would otherwise 
have made it into the Goodwill pile.  
After buying the sweaters I ate at Pars Deli (a falafel gyro) 
and had dessert from Culver's (double oreo concrete).....
then I felt a little better as I made my way home to sew. (:




4 comments:

Julie said...

these are so great!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Fun fun fun!
Thanks for linking up to my Pity Party!
xo,
Mique

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love, love, love those pillows! Fantastic job! Wish I had someone to make some with! Angie xo

Holly said...

I love your pillows! So cozy! I made one last year, and now I think I need to find some more sweaters to make into pillows. More cozy is always good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails