Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pork Chops and grits

Skim past this now if you are not a fan of grits.  I am.  I found a recipe for adding pumpkin and cheddar cheese into grits and decided to fix it alongside boneless pork chops.
I dredged the little darling things in some Italian bread crumbs and sauteed them in butter.  Yum.
Once I had them all cooked, about 3-5 minutes per chop, I set them aside til they were all done, then added them back into the pan to stay warm and covered while I completed the sides.
For the grits, I made them according to the package directions, but added 1 T. butter, about 1/2 c. canned pumpkin, and 1/2 c. or so of grated cheddar.
 The cheese melts fast and makes it gooey thick.  Just like grits are supposed to be!  I seasoned them up with salt and pepper.  I also had some broccoli and rolls to complete a very delicious plate - enjoyed it on my back patio.  Hence, the plastic plates...and I just realized, we sure eat broccoli a lot!
Wow.  That was good...




1 comment:

a.M. said...

Pumpkin grits?!?!!? I'm crazy enough to try that. Ive always been a butter,salt & pepper kind of girl but this looks super tasty!