Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Honey Butter

Another recipe from a co-worker, this one is from Dani at The Good Life , who found it in her bloggy travels.  We will be slathering this on biscuits, muffins, and bagels this Fall.  I made a double recipe.
Fall Honey Butter
2 sticks butter, at room temp
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 honey (from my mom's bees in Brenham!)
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
 Whip well using whisk attachment in mixer; or just use your muscle!
 I am storing mine in a little lidded container for the fridge.
Most of it is destined for this:
 Pumpkin bread!
I have no idea how long this keeps, but I would guess a couple of weeks, which is a laugh because it will get eaten up much sooner than that at my house!  And it occurred to me that you could do a Christmas version with cinnamon and cloves...yuuuum.  An Easter one with finely grated orange and lemon peel, too.  Maybe one with finely ground nuts....




Shared with:
and

1 comment:

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

YUM! Found you through Hope Studios and I'm glad I did. This looks divine. Is that 1/2 cup of honey? Got to add more honey to the grocery list so I can make this!