Sunday, October 31, 2010

Black Bean Pico Dip

I so wish I had been the one that came up with this ...it's just like something I'd make...but it was a co-worker who wrote it down on a scrap of paper and gave it to me to try and I am so glad I did!  Delish!  This is a very filling dip - it could be lunch with a few tortilla chips, or even served as a side dish.
I started out with black beans from my crock pot - cheaper than canned.  (Plus, I have a Salsa Chicken with black bean soup I wanted to try and beans are sooo easy in the crock pot.)
I added in 1 large diced avocado, some fresh mild pico de gallo (store bought), and about a third cup of Raspberry Chipotle marinade.  Just stir it all together gently.  The marinade was a splurge at around $3.50, but I have most of the bottle left over so I can make this again a few times.  I guess I could have also made my own pico de gallo, but sadly, I have no food processor and am feeling too lazy to do all that chopping...
I "taste tested" it right away and it's wonderful, but chilling it for an hour or two helps the flavors develop.
This will go great with the enchilada dinner we are having tonight to celebrate Scout's Halloween birthday. Cupcakes and Halloween haul for desert!
Thank you, Elizabeth!  I love swapping recipes (:





Shared with:

No comments: