Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ring shopping

Hubby and I are coming up on 25 years.  A  feat!  25 years is a long time and a lot of work, no matter how happy you are and committed to being together.  To mark the occasion he told me I can go 'ring shopping' to upgrade my wedding ring.  Here it is on the left:
It's a miner's cut.  The stone was given to hubby by his mother.  I don't think the setting is doing it justice and the band used to be brushed gold, but now is shiny.  Underwhelming.  I also had two solid gold bands as ring guards on either side of it, but as time (and children) has gone by, the ring got tighter on my finger!  So, now I wear this one as my "wedding ring":
I got this as a gift from hubby for our 11th anniversary so it has great sentimental value.  At the time we only had 3 kids; can you see four stones?  They are tiny chips.  I asked him what the significance was for four and he hadn't even noticed there were 4...sheesh!
I don't wear them together, but I  headed over to the jewelry store where we'd had the diamond set and I bought his ring - a heavy nugget band.  I was looking for: a 3 stone semi-mount in yellow and white gold.
And this is what I found:
A new setting for my diamond, and a new wedding band!  Found it on Thursday, they set the stone on Friday, hubby picked it up on Saturday!  Quite possibly the most beautiful wedding set I have ever seen and the last one I ever plan on wearing...and something I will pass on to my own daughter or granddaughter someday.
  Thank you, hubby,
I love it, and I love you! 
Happy Anniversary!




3 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love your new setting! What a pretty ring. :) Thanks for the visit today!

diamond said...

I must say this diamond semi mount ring setting is very pretty and different.

Marie said...

The ring is beautiful but, your commitment to one another is so special and sweet.
Congratulations! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails