Monday, August 9, 2010

Recent finds

Anymore I have to practically beg for the boys to go do errands with me.  So, when they refuse, I make it a point to stop and thrift a little. I want to get back into the habit; no telling what all I've missed!  Today I found this sweet ceramic candle dish:
I so love this shade of green.  And I spent a whole dollar on it. (: For now, it will live in my china cabinet.  But come Fall, it will be home to a pillar candle on the dining table or the mantle.
 I also made a little headway on the plan for The Girl's room - I want to get all the elements, then put the room together in a day.  I found the comforter today, and it will be the inspiration for all of the colors, and the starting point for the rest of the room.  At $12 it was a good deal - shades of  plum, lavender, and gray - just what I had in mind!  School starts soon - I can hardly wait to get going on all my projects!



1 comment:

Marie said...

I love that color of green too!
(the candy dish)
Ahhh... thrifting...my favorite!