Saturday, July 31, 2010

How can I help?

She didn't ask me to help.  I just feel like it would be the right thing to do.  And I have no idea how I would attempt that. But it's hard to just sit and watch.
It's a sticky wicket she's gotten herself into - a matter of the heart which knows no reason and cannot be reconciled with anything I've ever experienced.  And although it's hard to see from her perspective, it seems crystal clear what she should want to do...
Still, I wish I could help.  I can make a helpful suggestion here and there; but it's going to be unsolicited.  I can give an opinion, although, really, she already knows what I think, and she isn't going to ask ...  Is the right answer for me necessarily the right one for her?  What do I  have to draw on after all?
 
Waffling back and forth is making me crazy, but so is hearing about this trouble every time we chat. 
I guess I could just mind my own business and watch the slow moving train wreck that is becoming the status quo for her.  I so hate that.  And don't understand it.She's an intelligent person and should be able to reason this out.....  Why doesn't she?
 
What to do?






No comments: