Monday, June 21, 2010

Going one step better

Friday I made a couple of coffee cakes - one for work, one for Dad.  I was under the time gun as I was trying to get all my weekend prep done so I could put my feet up with a movie.  Working two 12 hour shifts requires a little planning on the home front, you know...
I wanted them to taste less like they came out of a box and more like they came out of an old family recipe...I know, I wanted to cheat a little. So I added chopped walnuts and a drizzle of confectioner's glaze...it was going one step better with a mix...and who's to know if you don't tell?  We can't all be Super Mom!
Ooohh....it came out really good. 
One of my friends at work ate two huge pieces after her Healthy Choice diet lunch. haha! 
I would say it was a success. (:



Shared with:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails