Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Week 2010!

Rustown Art


  I officially release my self from all lingering guilt at putting my kids in daycare from 1989 - 1999!
I think I read too many parenting magazines at the time that heaped on the stress and recrimination to the point at which I thought I could not possibly be "my kid's mom".  I was there to bathe, read to, and tuck them in at night.  There to feed them and help get them dressed and in the car in the morning.  And there to take them to swim lessons, the park, birthday parties, visiting relatives on the weekend, etc.  All of that counts!  Meanwhile, I was working to help provide my family with much needed second income, health insurance and oh yes, food and utilities.  My kids weren't confused at what a real mother was. I was sure they would be well-adjusted people who excelled in school and life.  
God bless the working mom.
Sometimes I'm amazed at how fortunate we've been and how well this turned out!


No comments: