Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shoe basket of organization...

It's a rule at Camp Rustown  that gets followed about 90% of the time. Maybe 80%. OK!....at least 50%!!  You come in the door, you take off your shoes, you put them in the basket.  It was instituted to save mom or dad from hunting them in the morning as we headed out to daycare/school/work.  But we found that it also saved the carpet from major wear and tear.  Like I said, it isn't always foolproof, as you can see here.  Little people tend to lose their things, namely shoes, and expect the mom or dad to know where they are. So, this basket eliminates a little of that game playing, but it's not a perfect system.  However, good habits are instilled just as easily as bad habits!  And, thankfully, no one expects you to get 100% compliance to be a good parent...






4 comments:

Marie said...

Love that basket idea...only challenge here is that if I did that they would be "squawking" about how someone else threw their dirty shoes on the clean shoes and now my shoes must be cleaned and then of course it would be, "Mom can you clean my shoes?" I think this is a vicious loop lol!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Shoes all over the house are the bane of my existence! Great solution :)

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I do the same thing! I have a giant shoe basket by my front door. I was hesitant at first to put it right there where everyone would see it, but it has been a great oraganization tool at our house. And yes, ours gets used almost ALL of the time... Almost.

~Amanda

Gail said...

Hey Gina. I use to have a huge wicker basket for shoes by the door!! Now I just have a rug in the corner behind the door. If I had my way everyone that walked through my door would take off their shoes, but my DH says it would be rude for me to ask someone we didn't know that well. Maybe I'll bring back the basket!