Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My expressive kid

 
Scout is one of those people who can't seem to talk 
without flailing his arms all around.
It's weird. And cute. It makes him crazy when I notice it.
His hands don't really make any signals that correlate with what he's saying.  Here he's asking for a snack.
If his hands were tied up he'd be all but mute.
It's not necessary that he stand on a chair to look for an afternoon snack; it's not like I'm hiding the food up high! He's getting really tall and lanky, anyhow. And  he is constantly looking for, or eating, food.
Yes, dear.  I see we are out of cereal. 
No hand signals needed. 
You are eating me out of house and home. 
I wish your brothers had as healthy an appetite.
Get off the chair now and get to your homework.
(He's such a weird and cute kid.)



1 comment:

Marie said...

Ha! I have a child like this.