Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I don't heart shopping..and actually...

...I absolutely HATE shopping for clothes. When  I'm just casually strolling through a store and see something cute to buy, it almost always turns out right. Downright serendipitous. The right price, fit, color, and not too time-consuming of a choice. No drama. No trauma. No hurt feelings over how the mirror makes my butt look, cause I'm not even in the fitting room long enough to notice. Everything just falls into place and I leave with a cute something. BUT...if I am purposefully looking for something, and mind you, not like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack, it becomes an ordeal. I went to Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Dress Barn, two Macy's, two JC Penney's, Kohls, Target, DSW, and Avenue looking for a simple, basic dress and pair of heels.  You would have thought I was on a quest for the Holy Grail!
I know how retail works; I worked at Foley's and Laura Ashley for years.  People, it's not winter here. We don't have winter here. Cranking the A/C down does not make me want to buy a sweater dress and boots. All I need is a simple dress!   Good grief, I finally found one and a decent pair of shoes and if no one notices me looking cute tomorrow, I'm gonna be miffed...




No comments: